A consultation with a nutritionist involves identifying and correcting any nutrient deficiencies which are impacting optimal health, and receiving individualised information on the best foods for you to repair, restore and maintain good health.
Common areas treated
- Gut Health
- Menopausal Symptoms
- Energy, Adrenals & Thyroid
- Weight Management
- Balancing Hormones
- Diabetes Management
- Improving Mood
- Enhancing Fertility and Healthy Pregnancy.
What happens in a Nutritionist Consultation?
Each initial consult includes:
- A comprehensive collection of your health history, symptoms and current diet to identify the underlying causes of your health concerns
- Relevant physical examinations (e.g. blood pressure, nails, anthropometric measurements)
- Discussion of your health goals and what you would like to achieve
- Supplementation review where necessary.
You will then receive:
- Personalised diet and lifestyle recommendations to help you reach your goals
- Educational handouts which may include suggested recipes or tips on how to improve your diet or lifestyle to support optimal health
- Supplement recommendations and prescription if your current levels are sub-optimal
- Recommendations and referrals for any testing required to help inform a specific treatment plan (e.g. blood tests, stool testing, DNA testing)
Most clients require a follow-up appointment 2 weeks after the initial health assessment to determine how the treatment plan is progressing, review symptoms, further tailor dietary advice, and review any testing if it was required.