Our Osteopath, Caitlin Wells is experienced with Paediatric Osteopathic Care. Pregnancy and birth are natural, albeit physically demanding, experiences for women and their babies.
The stresses and forces on an infant’s body in-utero and during birth can result in strains of their soft and immature musculoskeletal system. These forces depend on the position of the baby during pregnancy, how they present during labour and what, if any, interventions might have been required e.g. caesarian section, forceps. The resulting strains may contribute to problems experienced with your baby’s sleeping, eating, movement and development. Osteopathic care for babies is very gentle.
Some things that might indicate an Osteopathic treatment could benefit your little one:
- Irritability and difficulty sleeping.
- Excessive crying, restlessness, inability to settle.
- Feeding difficulties in latching or suckling.
- Colic, reflux or digestive problems.
- Asymmetry in head shape (plagiocephaly).
- Musculoskeletal and postural imbalances.
- Movement difficulties transitioning to rolling, crawling, walking etc.
- Favouring one side in rolling or turning head.
- A dislike for car rides and the car seat.
If you are aware that your baby has a clicky knee or hip, or a feeding preference, flattening of the head, a history of a traumatic birth with high intervention or any other imbalances, then perhaps you should consider booking in your little one for a treatment with our experienced practitioners.